Looking for a fun and easy Halloween treat to make? Try these white chocolate-covered Oreo mummy cookies! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and festive snack that’s perfect for parties or family fun.
Halloween is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about how to make this spooky season more fun and memorable. One delicious way to celebrate is by making white chocolate covered Oreo mummy cookies. These cute and festive treats are perfect for Halloween parties, school events, or simply as a fun activity to do with family and friends.
Making white chocolate-covered Oreo mummy cookies is a simple process that doesn’t require a lot of time or effort. All you need are Oreo cookies, white chocolate, and mini chocolate chips. The result is a deliciously sweet and crunchy cookie covered in a smooth layer of white chocolate, decorated to look like a cute little mummy.
You can even create these adorable cookies using natural chocolate sandwich cookies like the ones from Whole Foods, which are my favorite to use, or you can use a gluten-free sandwich cookie for a gluten-free Halloween treat.
Want a tip for a little short-cut? Buy already made white fudge covered Oreos and you can skip a whole step!
These also don’t have to be perfect. When I made them there was white chocolate over the edge of the cookies because of excess chocolate but I don’t care. They are still cute. You can also add a bit of coconut oil, about 1/2 a teaspoon to make the chocolate smoother. Again it just depends on how perfect you want them.
Now it’s time to make our spooky white chocolate-covered Oreo mummies!
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 24 mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- In a double boiler, I used a stainless steel bowl over a pot of boiling water, melt one cup of your white chocolate. You can also use the microwave, just be careful as it will melt fast.
- Once your chocolate has melted, take one cookie at a time on a fork and dip in the chocolate. Allow the chocolate to drip off of the cookie for a few seconds and then place on waxed paper.
- After you finish your cookies, allow the cookies to set in the fridge until hardened.
- Melt your half cup of chocolate and add to a plastic bag with the tip cut off or use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the cookies for the mummy bandage detail.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate for eyes. You may need to put a bit of the white chocolate on the back to make them stick.
- Allow the cookies harden again in the fridge for about 30 minutes before enjoying.