This Halloween wreath is very easy to make and takes very little time. This black wreath the perfect addition to your Halloween decor.
We love holiday decorations around here. While Christmas is my husband’s and my favorite holiday we also enjoy Halloween. I tend to like the more cutesy Halloween decorations and my husband enjoys the scarier type, so we have a mix.
I also really enjoy crafting and have a closet full of supplies but rarely seem to make time for crafts these days. I’ve decided to make a point to use my supplies more this year. I had a wreath form sitting in my closet, it had been there for at least a year. Since I already have a few Christmas wreaths it only made sense to make a Halloween wreath.
I wanted a simple black wreath that wouldn’t take many supplies or much time. After checking out Michael’s I decided to make a simple black lace wreath with an orange ribbon and some cute glittery spiders I found.
- Wrap your wreath form in the black ribbon to cover the form.
- Use straight pins on the back of the wreath to attach the ribbon. This will hold up better than glue.
- Once your wreath form is covered, wrap the black lace around the wreath and also attach it with straight pins to the back of the wreath.
- Attach your spiders to the black wreath. The ones I used were on clips so I simply clipped them on. You may need to glue or pin your’s on.
- Add a ribbon to the top with pins or glue and hang on your door.
I used a 1 1/2 inch ribbon for the black ribbon and the lace. Each came in 4 yards and I used two and a little bit of the black and two of the lace. I was using an 18-inch wreath form.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This wreath could not be simpler. It took me very little time to make and is super cute. Be sure to check your stash for supplies and if shopping at Michael’s use coupons and be sure you are a Michael’s Rewards member.
Because the ribbon is pinned to the black wreath if you decide you want to change it later it’s easy to remove the ribbon and start over.
If you make this wreath I’d love to see it. Tag me on Instagram @stressfreehalloween.